A New Way to Play…
Welcome back! We are excited to open our museum on Tuesday, July 14, 2020! We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our visitors and staff. We are in this together and we require our visitors to follow these important COVID-19 Safety Protocols. Please read through this entire page before you visit the museum. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you!
- ALL visitors to the museum with the exception of children under two years old adults are required to wear a mask at all times.
- Children must be with an adult at all times.
- Maintain proper social distance from others not in your group or family (6 feet).
- Do NOT visit if anyone in your group is not feeling well or has been exposed to someone testing positive for corona virus.
- Follow directional signage and instructions from staff.
- Wash your hands, use sanitizer or wipes often.
- Bring any questions or concerns to staff immediately.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
- All employees will be temperature checked and wash hands frequently while at the museum.
- Hand sanitizer is located throughout the museum.
- Parents are encouraged to wash children’s hands or use sanitizer immediately upon entering.
- The museum will receive a thorough enhanced professional cleaning prior to opening each day.
- All exhibits will be wiped down at the end of each day’s play period. Toys and manipulatives will be rotated out each day for disinfection while a new clean set is put out for guests.
- All high touch, high traffic areas will be cleaned frequently during operations.
What to Expect When You Visit
- The museum will operate at a significantly reduced capacity and hours to help ensure your safety. We asks guests to limit their visit to one hour, if there is a line at the door.
- You will be asked to walk in one direction counter clockwise through the museum.
- Most exhibits are designed for one group/family at a time for social distancing purposes.
- STEM room 2 and Party room 1 are currently closed.
- We will not be running additional programming or group programming just yet.
- Only one group in the lobby at a time, they may proceed to the check in desk once it is clear.
- We are participating in contact tracing and we will be asking your name/contact information.
- Absolutely no food or drink in the museum, this includes water bottles, sippy cups and bottles.
- Diapering stations have been removed. Please return to your car for diapering and alert the front desk that you will be returning (take all of your children with you).
- The vending machine and fresh water fountain are currently closed.
- No strollers parking in the building (walking through the museum is fine).
Finally… you made it to the good part!
Thank you for reading our New Way to Play protocols, it’s a lot, we understand! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Effective Tuesday, July 14, 2020, we will be open on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. As we adjust to our new procedures, recover financially and operationally, we hope to continue to add hours and time. We appreciate your patience.
For questions about memberships, please follow this link.